2014-01-04

Differences between blogs - Linkety-link-link

If you have no idea how you got here:
Allow me to introduce myself. I go by the name Hoshi Yuki and translate Japanese songs, texts and CD tracks to English.

If you came here to find out the differences between my blogs:
  • Hoshi Yuki @Live Journal
    • My original translation journal.
    • In general, first editions of songs went here. However, I am slowly relocating to the blogspot, with the exception of character songs. Character songs will stay on my livejournal.
    • You can find lyrics to anime theme songs, character songs, songs by Japanese voice actors and normal J-pop / rock songs here.
      • This journal is the only where anime/game related Character Songs will go.
    • There will be personal ramblings and what not. Sometimes links to mp3s of the songs translated as well.
    • You can also request lyric translations.

  • Hoshi Yuki no Yume @Blogspot
    • My new translation journal.
    • In general, corrected versions of songs go here, as well as Machigerita's self-sung newer tunes (so not Vocaloid only songs).
      • Exception: Character Songs (anime, game, whatever) will NOT go here.
    • The layout is a little different from the LJ blog, and translation notes are posted as links in the text, rather than numbers to the note.
    • I intend this blog to be a little more professional; less to no ramblings and no mp3 uploads.
    • You can still request lyric translations.

  • Hoshi Yuki no Yume Drama CD @Blogspot
    • For translations of Drama CD(track)s.
    • Has links to the original mp3 files of the translated text for a certain amount of time.
    • Originally opened for the project "Voice Calendar, Story of 365 Days".
    • You can request translations for CDs or CD tracks.
  • Paid translation requests
    • I take on requests for translations from Japanese to English. Please contact me by email.
      • I have no set prices as I would like to judge the request first to see how much time it will take me to deliver.
      • As an indication I would say between five and ten dollars per short text / lyric. For drama CDs it will highly depend on the amount of spoken text that needs to be translated.
      • In general, however, I would like to leave the amount up to the requester, after which I will either accept or reject (or we can negotiate to reach a mutually agreeable amount).
    • Paid translations will as a rule not be uploaded (unless the requester specifies uploading is allowed).


Please note that I do not have a facebook, DeviantArt, youtube or other account under the name Hoshi-Yuki (except for an old quizilla account). Please do not mistake me for any of those users. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment